At The Food Shortlist we’re huge fans of olive oil; it’s liquid gold and reminds us of those Mediterranean olive groves.
So we were curious about Northants-based food company Redwood Foods, who produce a range of oils (flax, hemp and a lovely mixed seed oil).
Meet their Seed Oil which has been making its way onto food shelves lately. It’s a veritable omega 3-6-9 fest in a bottle, jam-packed with good stuff, including Pomegranate Oil – and:
- Flaxseed – a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids typically between 50-60%. Omega-3 fatty acids have been extensively studied for their beneficial effects.
- Sesame oil – nutritious, rich in vitamins A, B and E as well as the minerals iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, silicic acid and phosphorus. It contains linoleic acid and alpha linoleic acid as well as lecithin.
- Pumpkin seed oil is full of natural essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It is high in Vitamins A, B2, & B3 and Beta Carotene, Potassium, Magnesium and Zinc.
- Borage 22% GLA is rich in the Omega 6 fatty acid Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA).
- Wheat germ is rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant.
- Pomegranate oil is an antioxidant.
- The Oil of the Sea Buckthorn berry is rich in carotanoids, vitamin C, and contains Omega’s 3, 6 & 9.